Based in Kempston, Bedford, UK
Salary depending on experience
Benefits include but not limited to company vehicle, workplace pension & overtime
We have an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Service Engineer to join Alvest Equipment Services (UK) Ltd based in Kempston, Bedford. You will work as part of a respected technical service team, responsible for world class power related electronic equipment. You will possess high professional standards and a have focused approach to electrical maintenance, fault-finding and commissioning works.
Powervamp is a world recognised designer and manufacturer of power solutions for the Commercial, Aviation, Marine and Military markets. This role will focus on the Central Battery systems, Static Inverters and Aviation Ground Power
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of Aviation Ground Power Units and Ground Support Equipment.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be performing a mixture of site, factory and office-based tasks. Working alongside the Service Manager this will be a fast-paced role requiring both strength of character and the ability to demonstrate team leadership skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recognising & Diagnosing faults using technical experience and/or diagnostic equipment.
- Make technical suggestions regarding modifications to documentation, product performance and failure analysis
- Offering help and guidance to the Service team to ensure that they complete tasks effectively and efficiently
- Assisting the Service Manager with technical enquiries and other service tasks as assigned
- Communicating with internal & external stakeholders as set out in the service level agreement to ensure relationships are maintained and service levels are adhered to
- Providing cover for the Service Manager as and when required
- Being a point of contact for the Service Technicians & Administrators
- Overseeing & organising the day to day running of the workshop and workloads
- Enforce housekeeping duties, including cleaning work area, company vehicles, tools and equipment
- Ensuring serviced and repaired units are fit to be returned to clients
- Leading & training service technicians
- Monitor and reinforce Powervamp call-out log
- Ensuring call out log is updated regularly
- Monitoring of PPM schedule for Service Test Area
- Management and upkeep of stock and assets
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- You will possess at least an NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation/Maintenance or a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering ideally obtained during a formal apprenticeship
- At least one formal Level 3 Electrical Testing and Inspection qualification such as the C&G 2391, 2391-10, or C&G 2394 & 5
- 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
- You will have GCSE English, Maths & Science to at least a C grade or equivalent
- You will have a Full UK Driving License
- Ability to use, read and interpret electrical drawings
- You are proficient with electrical testing equipment
- You will have at least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role or 3 years related experience and a broad knowledge of Aviation Ground Power Units & Ground Support Equipment of equipment and tools that will be used for the satisfactorily performance of duties.
- You are able to work independently and take responsibility for electrical works
- You will have a clean employment / tax history (past 5 years) and are able to provide sufficient references to allow military and airside security clearance
- Show a willingness to travel, work away from home or travel abroad
- You are able to work well under pressure whilst staying positive
- Demonstrate tenacity/Do what it takes mind-set
- Effective time management and personal organisation
- You will have good attention to detail and excellent customer care skills
- Be responsible for all company issued tools & equipment
- Handling and timely submission of service reports, expenses & spare stock management & other service documentation
- JIB Approved Electrician grading
- Experience with Commercial or Emergency Lighting, Battery Solutions, UPS, Ground Power Units (Aviation) & Airport GSE would provide an advantage
- You have a good working knowledge of statutory and non-statutory health and safety requirements particularly concerning electrical safety
Please send your CV to email@example.com – closing date is 26th February.