ALVEST is the world leader in airport ground support equipment manufacturing and distribution, through its entities TLD, Smart Airport Services (SAS), and Alvest Equipment Services (AES), with consolidated sales in the range of 750 million USD. Alvest Equipment Services (AES) is dedicated to ground support equipment maintenance, rental, leasing, and overhaul services with a high level of growth in Europe, the USA, and the Middle East.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Provided Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company Provided Life Insurance
- Annual Profit Sharing Bonus
- 401(K) and Roth Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Safety Shoes and Safety Prescription Eyeglasses
The GSE Mechanic will be representing TLD/AES and its core principles before our customers. He/she will complete scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems, adhere to and comply with service bulletins, and perform computer-based software updates, diagnostics, and troubleshooting for Unique Ground Support Equipment (UGSE). All maintenance technicians will report directly to the Site Manager.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned and are not limited to the following)
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, hydraulic, HVAC, and/or electrical discrepancies on various Ground Support Equipment (GSE) systems and subsystems.
- Inspect, repair, and/or overhaul components, such as mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, HVAC, and hydraulic systems.
- Disassemble components, inspect for quality factors, and reassemble to OEM specifications.
- Meticulously document all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance actions utilizing computer-based Maintenance Information Systems (MIS).
- Strictly adhere to common aviation practices of Tool Control, FOD Prevention, Safety, and Parts Accountability.
- Strict adherence to all environmental safety and regulatory commissions, including (but not limited to) Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties, including cleaning work area, toolboxes, and company vehicle(s).
- Ensure proper safety while operating equipment on-site.
- Other assignments as designated by the Site Manager and/or the Lead Technician.
Qualifications And Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 3 years of service repair experience in hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial skills with some PLC and HVAC experience.
- Minimum 2 years performing repair and maintenance on Mobile Heavy Equipment and related components, experience with diesel-powered vehicles preferred.
- Strong electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair required.
- Knowledge of and the ability to perform corrosion control utilizing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Familiarity with the use of repair manuals, wiring (electrical) diagrams, and schematics (electrical and hydraulic) necessary to troubleshoot and/or repair failed components.
- Average to advanced computer skills necessary with an aptitude to acquire increased skills preferred.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing, and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Must be able to properly lift weights exceeding 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Must possess the hand tools necessary to perform assigned tasks.
Other Skills And Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language.
- Ability to work both as a team and/or independently with great success.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- No travel restrictions.
- Med/Heavy Truck Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification preferred.
- Universal HVAC certification preferred.
TLD provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, TLD takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and other employment related programs are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
TLD is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all candidates, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages sent for this purpose will be reviewed.
EEO is the Law (English)
EEO is the Law (Spanish)
Department: Alvest Equipment Services
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
- Mechanical Or Industrial Engineering
To register your interest in the GSE Maintenance Mechanic position, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com